304 North Greene Street, Greensboro, North Carolina 27401
General Manager, Megan Weathersbee, 336-379-8000, [email protected]
The following issues were reported by state and local governments responsible for inspecting hotels and/or food service establishments. In some cases, there is an indication that the reported violation was corrected by the time of a follow-up inspection; in other cases, no information was available as to whether a follow-up inspection was conducted. Accordingly, this blog should be understood to describe circumstances that existed on the date of the referenced inspection only. Should you have questions about the ongoing status of any situation described herein, you may contact the general manager of the respective establishment.
- During a routine inspection of Bistro 40 at the Greensboro Marriott on March 25th, 2019 by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services it was observed that “Many items without date. All potentially hazardous food items required to be date marked to hold 7 days. food items thrown away or re-dated.”
- During a routine inspection of Bistro 40 at the Greensboro Marriott on September 24th, 2018 by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, it was observed that: “Speed rack with beef thawing at room temperature. Keep in refrigeration to thaw. Placed back into refrigeration.”
- During a routine inspection of Bistro 40 at the Greensboro Marriott on September 21st, 2017 by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, the inspector wrote: “Do not thaw food items at a handsink. Thaw in refrigeration or part of the cooking process – container of eggs under water at handsink. The water temperature is above 70F until end of Oct. Thrown away. Removed out of handsink.”
- During routine inspections of Bistro 40 at the Greensboro Marriott on September 19th, 2016 and March 25th, 2019 by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services it was observed on 7 occasions that there was damage of some sort to walk-in refrigerators on the property. The language used to describe the issues is slightly different for each inspection. During the March 25th, 2019 inspection, the inspector wrote:
- Remove all equipment not working or in poor repair. Many old walkin need to be replaced / removed.
- Non NSF reachin package unit door gasket torn – replace.
- Replace light missing in same unit.
- Torn gasket on reachin prep unit – replace.
- Walkin boxes have panel separation, replace unit if no NSF repair can be made.
- Repair leak at bar rear package drink box area.
- Remove ice shovel – not in good repair.
- Replace missing tilt skillet front panel.
If you have business booked at the Greensboro Marriott Downtown we are asking you to move your business to another property!
Below are a selection of guest comments reproduced from such websites as marriott.com and tripadvisor.com. If you want to review all guest comments that appear on those websites (positive, negative, and neutral), follow the links that are provided following each comment.