4670 Salisbury Road, Jacksonville, Florida 32256
General Manager, Tom Noon, 904-296-2222, [email protected]
The following issues were reported by state and local governments responsible for inspecting hotels and/or food service establishments. In some cases, there is an indication that the reported violation was corrected by the time of a follow-up inspection; in other cases, no information was available as to whether a follow-up inspection was conducted. Accordingly, this blog should be understood to describe circumstances that existed on the date of the referenced inspection only. Should you have questions about the ongoing status of any situation described herein, you may contact the general manager of the respective establishment.
Since 2014 the Marriott Jacksonville has had at least 11 routine hotel inspections by the state of Florida. The following issues have been found during those inspections:
- On 7 separate occasions, stained/soiled mattress pads, mattresses, box springs or sheets were found in one or two of the guest rooms inspected. (Inspection dates were 12.13.2018, 2.20.2018, 11.27.2018, 11.15.2016, 4.26.2016, 12.17.2015 and 1.7.2015.) Stained/soiled mattress pads, mattresses, box springs or sheets were found during 63% of inspections since 2014.
- On 3 occasions “a build-up of lint in the laundry room” was noted. In the reports this is listed as a Fire Hazard under safety issues. (Inspection dates were 12.13.2018, 2.20.2018 and 11.27.2017.)
- On 3 occasions it was noted that “Ice chute soiled with mold -like substance/slime/dry debris.” (Inspection dates were 3.22.2017, 11.15.2016 and 8.4.2014.)
Since August of 2014 the Marriott Jacksonville has had at least 10 initial routine food inspections, and two follow up inspections. The following issues were found during those inspections:
- Out of 10 food inspections, there were 8 incidents of “Commercially processed ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food opened and held for more that 24 hours not properly date marked after opening”. (12.13.2018, 2.20.2018, 11.27.2017, 3.22.2017, 11.15.2016, 4.26.2016, 12.16.2015 and 8.4.2014)
- Twice it was found that food was stored on the floor. (11.27.2017 and 11.15.2016)
- Out of 10 food inspections, mold was mentioned as found on 7 different occasions. On 11.20.2017 “Accumulation of black/green mold like substance inside the ice bin”, also “Accumulation of black/green mold-like substance on/around soda dispensing nozzles.” On 11.16.2016, “Accumulation of black/green mold like substance inside the ice bin”, also “Accumulation of black/green mild-like substance on/around soda dispensing nozzles.”. On 4.26.2016, “Accumulation of black/green mild-like substance on/around soda dispensing nozzles.”On 12.17.2015, “Walk-in cooler and/or walk-in freezer gaskets soiled with slimy/mold like build-up.” On 8.14.2014, “Food with mold like growth.”
If you have business booked at the Jacksonville Marriott we are asking you to move your business to another property!
Below are a selection of guest comments reproduced from such websites as marriott.com and tripadvisor.com. If you want to review all guest comments that appear on those websites (positive, negative, and neutral), follow the links that are provided following each comment.